1/31/10
Last week, a new report delivered depressing news: After 15 years of decline, the teen pregnancy rate rose three percent among 15 to 19 year olds.



Could it be attributed to the popular TV series that story-lines through teenage pregnancy? Or maybe Bush's abstinence campaign while he was in office. Regardless, it's downright sad. This series started as 5 or so high-school aged girls and their deadbeat boyfriends had one main issue. PREGNANCY. A lot of this goes into the fact that these people are uneducated, immature, and just plain lazy. IT IS NOT THAT HARD TO WRAP IT UP.

I've watched just about every episode of this show with my girlfriend. That may make me an un-manly-man but hell, I know it's hard to work to have children. I get so frustrated even with my little sisters of the age of 4 and a little over a year. I couldn't even imagine having to go through what these teenagers are. So to me at least this show is a good inspiration to other males why you do not want to have children, unless you are 100% capable of supporting one.

What's more depressing about this show is how emotionally distraught each and every pregnancy case is. You have crazy ass Amber, spoiled rotten Farrah, good-ole country girl Maci, and Shrek's action double Catelynn. Don't even get me started on all their ridiculous boyfriends. I have a little respect for Tyler, but even though he is the nicest, his white trashy down-bringing and tattoo of "his" daughters foot makes me ill. That's enough of this rant, so go ahead and check out this article about MTV's hit series Teen Mom.

Click Here for the Article

xoxoxoxoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment